2019 Annual Meeting for Teachers of Medical Statistics ('Burwalls')
Burwalls’ is an informal annual meeting with the aim of encouraging and equipping those who teach statistical and quantitative research methods, and also evidence-based healthcare, to medical students and healthcare professionals (each of these aspects loosely defined!). It is a fantastic opportunity for comparing notes.
The 2019 meeting will be held on the UEA campus on the western side of Norwich, with single en-suite modern student accommodation within a short walking distance on campus.
Programme topics will include:
• development and application of new teaching methods;
• use of online learning within curricula;
• ways to make the topic interesting, accessible and relevant to students;
• tools and resources; trials and errors;
• statistical outreach in schools; and
• early results of a recent RSS survey of medical statisticians on professional issues.
The social programme includes a walking tour of UEA’s public art gallery (the Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts, SCVA) and sculpture trail in the stunningly attractive riverside park- and woodland setting of the campus, and an outing into Norwich city centre by bus.
We are delighted to have Emeritus Prof. Mike Campbell, a Burwalls veteran, as our guest after-dinner speaker.
Please go to our web-pages for further information and to register (closes Friday 21 June)
Organiser Name Gill Price
Organising Group(s) -