Requisition ID 18301 Switzerland – Kaiseraugst, near Basel - Research & Development - Permanent - Full Time - DSM Nutritional Products - Nutrition Innovation Center
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Are you excited about scientific innovation and would like to provide statistical advice and insights to our research and development community? Then our position as Biostatistician/ Senior Biostatistician (f/m) might be the right next step for you! We are looking for a bright, motivated colleague to further strengthen our statistical consulting and data analysis team in our Nutrition Innovation Center in Kaiseraugst, close to Basel.
As a biostatistician, you will support our multidisciplinary project teams with your statistical expertise to optimize decision-making and influence strategy in all development phases of a product:
• Provide data analyses, visualization, reporting and interpretation for a wide variety of research questions in nutrition, health, and personal care
• Work closely and in a result-oriented way with study directors, nutritionists, biologists, veterinarians, pharmacists and medical doctors, either as a permanent team member or as an ad-hoc consultant
• Optimize the design and power of clinical studies in humans and feeding studies in farm animals to quantify the benefits of our products such as vitamins, enzymes, probiotics, fatty acids, etc.
• Critically review, evaluate, and interpret internal and external data analyses, reports, and publications
• Ensure compliance with statistical guidelines of authorities where needed
• Conduct (meta-) analyses on internal and external data for scientific insights and publication
• Participate in collaborations on a global basis (research institutions, NGOs, customers, etc.)
• MSc in (Bio-) Statistics or a related field, PhD preferred
• 3 - 8 years of practical experience in applying statistics in a life science environment (PhD in relevant field is considered as 3 years)
• Sound knowledge of standard statistical methods, particularly regression and extensions (GLMM). Enthusiasm to explore new methods
• You are an experienced R user (our main platform). Ideally you also have a working knowledge of SAS
• As an all-rounder, you enjoy the variety of projects, people and questions that are typical for this role. You are used to handling several projects at once with a proven ability to prioritize and to meet deadlines. You enjoy being the point of contact for your stakeholders. You are curious about the goals and the context of projects and you proactively contribute to their success
• Strong team-player with the ability to communicate effectively with non-statisticians and who thrives in an open and collaborative research environment
• Any professional or extracurricular activities where you refined your team work, leadership and organizational skills are considered as assets
• Fluent in English. German and/or French would be an asset
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact:
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.