At RICS you’ll shape your world: enjoy your work, be given responsibility and build a rewarding career. The work of our professionals touches every aspect of life, and our international standards across land, real estate, construction and infrastructure are shaping the world itself. A global force for positive change, we are building consistency and confidence that help to protect the public and safeguard the environment.
You’ll play a vital role in bringing this to life – we’re an influential organisation where you can really make a difference. The world faces huge challenges and we have demanding goals; we need your drive and enterprising spirit to help us achieve them.
We have a requirement for a Head of Indices to join our Product Development team in London. This is a permanent position paying an annual salary between £45,000 and £55,000, depending on experience, plus a competitive benefits package.
In this role you will set and implement the strategy for development and maintenance of relevant indices, measuring the movement in prices over time, location, etc., suitable for the construction industry in the 21st century. This role will lead on all aspects relating to tender price, building cost and related indices to support RICS data products, services and bespoke consultancy work. It will include aspects of design, development, delivery and review of new and existing indices. An important aspect of this role will be to identify new methodologies for preparing indices taking into account the changing availability of data, developments in construction and tendering methods and the changing demands of the construction sector. To ensure success it will be necessary to communicate the strategy both within the organisation and externally.
The key elements of the role include:
- Delivery of the exiting indices to programme, whilst reducing costs
- Preparing a schedule for the review of all indices methodologies and implementing a rolling programme of review and improvements
- Implementation of an alternative TPI methodology
- Developing strategic relationships with the construction industry, BCIS subscribers and government to ensure our products meet the requirements of the industry, drive improvements and best practice, and support RICS guidance
- Developing new applications and methodologies to ensure our indices are fit for purpose
- Managing the indices team including managing the activities of the indices team, ensuring that indices are fit for purpose and published to the schedule agreed
- Developing a series of KPIs for the team to monitor performance, streamlining processes, procedures and methods of working to improve efficiency
- Reviewing and implementing QA procedures and Business Continuity Plans
- Working with Product Management and other RICS departments on the strategy to revise the indices offering
The ideal candidate will have significant experience of: leading statistical research; engaging with external partners, presenting to industry and/or publishing in construction press; managing people and projects.
RICS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified candidates from a wide array of backgrounds to apply because we know that it’s the differences in our people that make the difference to our performance.
PLEASE NOTE: We are not engaging with agencies for this role as we operate a direct sourcing model, and as such do not accept speculative CVs. In line with this we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and the agency has been instructed by a member of our Human Resources Department