DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
DNP is the Global Leader in nutritional ingredients for feed, food, personal care and pharmaceuticals. DNP has the lion's share of the cluster Nutrition which accounts for about 70% of DSM group EBITDA. DNP is realizing its ambitious growth targets - as set in its and DSM strategy - in a complex, ever-changing and increasingly competitive environment.
Are you excited about scientific innovation and would like to provide statistical advice and insights to our research and development community? Then our position as Biostatistician / Senior Biostatistician (f/m) might be the right next step for you! We are looking for a bright, motivated colleague to further strengthen our statistical consulting and data analysis team in the Innovation Center of the Nutritional Products division
You will support our multidisciplinary project teams with your statistical expertise to optimize decision-making and influence strategy in all development phases of our nutritional products, from early research through development and marketing
- Provide data analysis, meta-analysis, visualization, reporting and interpretation for a wide variety of research questions in nutrition and health
- Optimize the design and statistical power of feeding studies in farm animals and of clinical studies in humans
- Monitor outsourcing of statistical analyses to partner organizations and ensure compliance with official statistical guidelines
- Work closely and in a result-oriented way with study directors, project managers, nutritionists, data managers, external study sites, regulatory affairs, marketing and customers, either as a project team member or as an ad-hoc consultant
- Participate in our digital transformation strategy and optimize how we organize and leverage data
- Participate in collaborations on a global basis (research institutions, customers, CROs, NGOs, etc.)
- MSc in (Bio-) Statistics or a related field, PhD preferred
- At least 3 years of practical experience in applying statistics in a life science environment (PhD in relevant field considered as 3 years); extra experience is an asset
- Sound knowledge of standard statistical methods, particularly regression and extensions (GLMM). Experience with high-dimensional data is an asset.
- You are an experienced R user.
- Basic programming competence in Python, Stata or other languages is an advantage
- As an all-rounder, you enjoy the variety of projects, people and questions that are typical for this role.
- You are used to handling several projects at once with a proven ability to prioritize and to meet deadlines.
- You enjoy being the point of contact for your stakeholders. You are curious about the goals and the context of projects and you proactively contribute to their success
- You are a strong team-player with the ability to communicate effectively with non-statisticians and who thrives in an open and collaborative research environment, but you are independent as well
- Any professional or extracurricular activities where you refined your team work, leadership and organizational skills are considered as assets
- Experience with biology, life science, clinical studies, data management, relational databases or CDISC standards is an advantage
- Fluent in English. German would be an asset.
Location and Conditions
This is a Permanent, full-time (100%) position in Kaiseraugst, Switzerland,
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.