The London Mathematical Society (LMS) welcomes nominations for the 2014 prizes recognising contributions to mathematics.
The awards comprise:
- The Polya Prize recognising outstanding creativity, exposition or contribution in mathematics within the UK;
- The Fröhlich Prize for original and innovative work in any branch of maths;
- The Senior Berwick Prize for an outstanding piece of mathematical research published by the society in the last eight years;
- The Senior Anne Bennett Prize for work relating to advancing the careers of women in mathematics; and
- The Whitehead Prizes for work in and influence on mathematics.
Further information and nomination forms are available on the LMS website and the closing date for nominations is 20 January 2014.
In addition, the Councils of the LMS and the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (IMA) are inviting nominations for the 2014 award of the Christopher Zeeman Medal, which is the UK award dedicated to recognising excellence in the communication of mathematics. Further details are available here and the closing date for nominations is 28 February 2014.