The Statistical Excellence awards complement the Society's highly regarded honours which are awarded each year in recognition of outstanding contributions to the field of statistics. Both sets of awards are presented at a ceremony on the first evening of the Society's annual conference, which this year will be held in September at Sheffield City Hall.
The Excellence awards celebrate the application of statistics in three different fields: the media, official statistics and in the pharmaceutical industry. Further details on each award, written by the chair of the respective awards committee, can be found using the following links:
- Jenny Freeman on the Statistical Excellence in Journalism Awards
- Stephen Pyke on the Statistical Excellence in the Pharmaceutical Industry Awards
- Jill Leyland on the Excellence in Official Statistics Awards
Key dates regarding the Statistical Excellence Awards:
- Nominations open on Monday 17 February
- Deadline for nominations: 25 April (23 May for Pharmaceutical Industry Awards)
- Winners announced (on StatsLife.org.uk) on 1 July 2014.
The committee of the Journalism awards is looking for volunteers to help judge the entries. More information on becoming a judge for these awards can be found in our 'Latest call-outs to members' section.